We all would like to save more energy each month. Sometimes we are just so busy with are lives that we tend to forget the little things that can save us hundreds of dollars on our energy and electricity bill. As energy rises up during different seasons like the summer and winder, it is important that we save this energy doing seasons like fall and spring. So here are some tips to help you do this!
1) Never run the heater or AC on when no one is home!
2) Always make sure all your air filters are clean!
3) Use the heater and AC only when in occupied rooms (Do this by closing room windows and doors)
4) Use florescent lighting which saves about 50% of your lighting energy bill!
5) Always shut off lights that you’re not using!
6) When buying new appliances, look for the energy star symbol as it is a good indicator of sufficiently saving energy compared to other appliances that don’t have that symbol!
7) If you can use ceiling fans instead of AC, do it! (it is equivalent to lowering the air temperature to a couple degrees)
8) Always close the refrigerator door! (a typical family spend about $10-$20 a year just by opening it 40-60 times per day).
9) Always turn off your computer when not in use! (this can save more than $100 per year)
10) Finally, shut off all other electrical equipment when your not using them!
Hope these ten tips can help you save the earth as well as help you save a ton on your money on your monthly bills! Good luck!